Thursday 14 February 2013

Stella's shot research: filming without getting glare

In our film we will be including a shot of a photo frame, which means there is a risk that a glare and reflection will be shown in the shot.

Because of this I decided to try out different ways to prevent glare and reflection and to work out what shot would work the best.


The video shows four different shots. Here are their details and analysis of their effectiveness:
  • Shot 1 : a close up of a picture with a white background and darker image, with ceiling lighting behind. This worked well as there was minimum reflection and glare, as by having the lighting behind my body didn't create a shadow. Also the use of white blocked out the reflection.
  • shot 2: a lighter coloured image with ceiling lighting overhead. My reflection is very visible and there is also a slight glare.
  • Shot 3 : track out from close up to medium long shot with ceiling lighting overhead. The close up is a good shot, however the more I track out the more visible my reflection is. Therefore the best shot for this would be a close up or big close up.
  • shot 4 : experimenting with shadow. The closer to the camera I am the more shadow there is in the shot. To prevent shadow I will shoot the shot at arms length and not lean over the camera.

Conclusion
To create a shot with little reflection and glare I need to:

  • use lighting behind he and make sure its overhead lighting.
  • Use an image with a white background or printed onto a white background, with a solid, dark-coloured image.
  • make sure Im not leaning over the camera or holding it too close to my body.

1 comment:

  1. This is excellent level 4 type work - exactly the sort of reflective analysis that we want to see.

    ReplyDelete